Pack your sunglasses, some sunscreen, and a cooler full of Blue Moon Agave Nectar because we’re headed to the beach. It’s officially summer!And, yes, my hand is feeling much better. I no longer have to look like a fool trying to do things one-handed (and with my super non-dominant left hand).
But, my most favorite season is upon us, and with the winter we’ve had to endure, no one is allowed to complain about the heat and humidity ever. again. I mean it. If you complain about sweating too much, I’ll come find you and talk some sense into your brain. Would you rather be shivering in your boots or soaking up the sun? I’ll take the latter, if you don’t mind.
Geez, it’s a shame that I was born in the winter . . .
Anyway, summer, for me, is a time for relaxation, catching up with friends, working on that tan (safely), and planning as many patio/beach parties as the season will allow. I think I’m going to do a Jason Mraz fedora themed Memorial Day this year because, honestly, who doesn’t love Jason Mraz and his fedora? He is the definition of summer.
So, in honor of this glorious season of heat, humidity, and awkward tan lines, I have comprised a playlist of songs that I love to listen to pool-side, on the way to the beach, or in my backyard. Inspired by my hair freely flowing in the wind as I sped down the Kennedy with my windows down and my sunroof open.
- “Armageddon It”–Def Leppard
- “Bling (Confessions of a King)”–The Killers
- “Boys Boys Boys (Manhattan Clique Remix)”–Lady Gaga
- “Chasing the Sun”–The Wanted
- “Check Yes Juliet”–We The Kings
- “Corona and Lime”–Shwayze
- “Coyotes”–Jason Mraz
- “End of Time”–Beyonce
- “Girl is Rockin’ (Erick E vs. Wyclef Jean, Akon, and Niia)”–DJ Earworm
- “Hometown Glory”–Adele
- “In This Life”–Delta Goodrem
- “National Anthem”–Lana Del Rey
- “On the Floor (ft. Pitbull)–Jennifer Lopez
- “Rhythm of Love”–Plain White T’s
- “Shake”–Jesse McCartney
- “Stereo Love”–Edward Maya and Vika Jigulina
- “The 808 Track (ft. Mighty High Coup)”–Bassnectar
- “Time to Pretend”–MGMT
There’s more, but we’ll stick with twenty of the favorites. Enjoy!